Nominees sought for annual Community Awards
The 43rd Annual Community Awards will be held on Tuesday, February 18th at the new Community Center in Pleasant Hill and nominations are now being sought for six award categories. Anyone can nominate for the following awards:
- Citizen of the Year – nominees must be at least a 5-year resident of Pleasant Hill and have made significant contributions toward improving our community
- Business of the Year – candidates must be in business for at least three years in Pleasant Hill and current member of the Chamber of Commerce
- Teacher of the Year – nominees must be a teacher in Pleasant Hill for at least five years
- Teen of the Year – candidates must either live or go to school in Pleasant Hill and have a track record of volunteering in the community
- Green Award – this award recognizes a business or organization which has shown leadership and a commitment to waste reduction, sustainability and conservation of our natural resources
- Community Plus Award – nominees must be an employee of either the City, Recreation & Park District or the Chamber of Commerce, and gone above and beyond his or her job in volunteering or doing community service
If you wish to nominate someone, please download the nomination forms and instructions at www.pleasant-hill.net/awards. Nominations for all awards must be submitted no later than January 27th to firstname.lastname@example.org but please note that you need to provide supporting documentation for each award so give yourself adequate time to complete the nomination form.
Awards Ceremony Tickets
Community Awards Night tickets are now on sale through the Chamber of Commerce. The tickets are $45 per person (which includes dinner) and you may reserve a table of ten for $450. To purchase tickets or make reservations please contact Ann Luke at 687-0700 or email her at email@example.com. Tickets may also be purchased atwww.pleasant-hill.net/tickets. RSVP’s and all ticket sales must be confirmed by Monday, February 10th.
For more information or questions about the nominations or the event, please call Martin Nelis at (925) 671-5229 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.